Adeptus Titanicus - -Legio Fureans

We post a lot less on here after our initial flurry (most of what would be my hobby posts go up on Geek & Sundry these days) but I want to drop some lovely miniatures here for anyone interested.

Adeptus Titanicus has really captured my painting imagination lately, once I got my Dracula's America and Gaslands stuff wrapped up. Peter's not done nearly as much with it, and may not, but if he does we're going to incorporate it into our oft-delayed Horus Heresy campaign. Which isn't starting until the full Dark Angels rules are out, which is maybe never.

Regardless, there's a small group here in Raleigh playing around with the miniatures and I'm quite taken with the aesthetics and rules. I went hard on Legio Fureans, the Tiger Eyes, a Traitor Legion which I recall looking at in an old White Dwarf and thinking "how the hell did they do those flame patterns?"

Tiger Eyes Reaver
Look at this old school boi

I figured it out, though you'll notice that the flames get better from Warlord to Reaver to Warhounds, because that's the order I painted them in and I got better at it. They were drawn with a micropoint pen and then blacked in. The entire thing, including the crisp goldenrod yellow, was surprisingly easy to paint, but it was time consuming, as you really do need to spray and paint the armor panels separately from the chassis.

I've got a couple Knight units I need to paint up (House Rajha) but I'm done with this maniple, excepting one more Reaver, which I'm holding off on until the alternate weapon loadout drops.

The maniple, crammed into my tiny light box.


Somnum Mortis, Warlord Titan

Igne Iudicii

The Hounds of Incaladion, Scindite and Frustum





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular